Friday, April 24, 2009

Nicoise Salad, done light


Honestly I have never eaten a real Nicoise salad, and I have no clue what goes in one, but this was my take on it for lunch today. I have been balancing my diet like a bank account (Naturally Thin, Bethenney Frankel), and had oatmeal for breakfast so I knew I needed to have a protein based lunch. plus I had been cleaning all morning and was really hot, so I wanted something cool. I couldn't decide between tuna, or a salad so I combined, and then realized duh! It looks like a Nicoise salad.
So...
1 can Chicken of the Sea tuna
2 Campari tomatoes (from costco)
2 baby dill pickles
2 tsp. capers
juice from half a lemon
2 Tbs. light mayo, with olive oil
matchstick carrots
Spring Greens ( costco also)
Mix everything but the greens together. Put over greens. Super easy and healthy, and really these are approximate measures... I didn't measure anything.....
It was delicious, and had just the right balance between protein and vegetables.
I am trying to think of what else I could add that would be good... any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment