Thursday, April 16, 2009

Balsamic Grapefruit Salmon






Quick and easy!
1 long salmon fillet (you can use any kind of salmon you wish)
1/2 large grapefruit
salt and pepper to taste
good balsamic vinegar to taste
All you do is lay the salmon on some foil, salt and pepper it, then top with grapefruit slices and drizzle with as much balsamic vinegar as you like. I tend to not use too many spices or too much flavor, because I like the flavor of food. I keep things very simple.
You then top with another piece of foil, and seal the edges, and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. This would be super easy with the bbq also.
On the side this time I started with a base of a frozen stir fry mix (kirkland brand). I sauteed in a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper. After the vegetables were cooked through I added some balsamic vinegar, honey, and the juice of half a grapefruit and cooked another few minutes.
Served over brown rice!
This is a delicious recipe and is healthy too.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment