Monday, May 4, 2009

Birthdays and Sliders

Well I have no pictures because my husband had control of the camera snapping pictures of the birthday boy!
Yes my last baby, my little boy, turned three yesterday. His request for dinner was hamburgers. My mother in law had the fabulous idea to do a slider station. It was perfect for me, because I got to have two different hamburgers without overdoing it. I had one with guacamole, cheddar cheese, and bacon. Then the other with sauteed onions. It was really good. Served with corn on the cob, potato salad, and a veggie tray.
And birthday cake of course.
His lunch request was macaroni and cheese so we went to Ikea for lunch. Josh and I split their Salmon. We love eating at Ikea!
Also had a fun item yesterday. We were at Target and noticed they had the new Pepsi "throwback" on sale. If you haven't heard of it they have Pepsi and Mt. Dew made with natural sugar instead of corn syrup. They were good, and it was definitely a different kind of sweet. But oh man, am I going to have to stay away from those. Soda is a definite weakness of mine and we usually don't keep it in the house because of this reason, these are higher in calories then regular soda. The Mt. Dew had 170 calories, and the pepsi 150! Horrible!!!!!
Just goes to show that all natural doesn't mean it is better for you.... sometimes worse....

No comments:

Post a Comment