Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Big Beautiful Salads

One thing I love about summer is the abundance of fresh vegetables. You can make such a good mix of salads (for cheaper!), and the hot is perfect. I am a comfort food type of gal, and in the winter tend to go for soups and heavier food, and although I will eat a salad during the winter I just don't enjoy it as much...
On that note... I have been out of produce for a week or two and I was jonesing for a salad big time... I have been too busy to do much more the necessaties (sp?) of grocery shopping, but last night made the husband stop so I could run into walmart. ( and let me tell you costcos produce is much better, but it had to do) so lat night was a grilled chicken salad, and it was good but nothing compared to todays.
I started with a blend of spring greens, garbanzo beans, grape tomatoes, capers, and tomato basil feta cheese. I topped it with lemon juice from half a lemon and a tiny drizzle of olive oil. I tasted it and it was good, but was lacking a little creaminess which I perfer, so I had a very good ripe avacado which I stirred in and it lent the perfect amount of creaminess... (probably had as much fat as a creamy salad dressing, but at least it was a good fat!)
Yum! Perfect lunch after my wii fit workout....
On that note! I hit the 16 pound mark this morning! Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment